Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Great Plains TC5113
569-212A 5113 Chopper Reel
Hybrid Chisel - Rigid Model
In the fall, vertical tillage should eliminate the soil’s density layers, leaving it ready for a one-pass tool before spring planting. Turbo-Chisel® is engineered to size and incorporate residue in the top 8-12" of soil, while leaving the surface level enough for a single-pass tool in the spring.
Turbo-Chisel starts by slicing residue with exclusive 22" Great Plains Turbo Coulters on 7½" spacing. Blades run on a 1¾" gang bolt with cast spools, putting the weight “in the gang” for outstanding performance and reliability. Gang bearings are field-proven, PEER® Maintenance-Free 211 Bearings with cast housings mounted to heavy-duty 1" x 3" C-shank standards. Plus, Turbo-Chisel’s coulter depth is hydraulically adjustable for on-the-go depth control.
This machine is offered in rigid 7-15 shank models or folding 9-23 shank models, with a recommended horsepower requirement of 30 hp per shank. Units can be equipped with optional chisel shanks, as well as optional Great Plains chopper wheels to crumble clods while leveling soil.
While there are other coulter chisels available on the market, there is only one Turbo-Chisel!
- Hybrid Machine with Heavy-Duty Toggle-Trip Shanks: When equipped with heavy-duty toggle-trip shanks, this "hybrid" unit works in the 8" to 12" range (rather than the 13" to 15" range required by disk rippers) while horizontally fracturing soil much better than a disk chisel. Toggle-trip shanks can't float. They either run at the set depth or trip - there is no inbetween. The Heavy-Duty Toggle Trip Shank has a 2,450-pound horizontal trip force and will automatically reset when tripped.
- Exclusive 22" Turbo Blades: On 7½" spacing, the 22" Turbo Blades outperform competitive tools by sizing and mixing residue on the surface. While competitive, concave-disc tools simply cut off and roll long, stringy stalks, Turbo Blades size residue to ensure maximized mixing and enhanced decay.
- Available Shank Combinations: Order the Turbo-Chisel the way you want it with two different shank combinations: Standard Chisel (pictured: two shanks on the left) or Heavy-Duty Parabolic (pictured: shank on the far right).
- Walking Tandem Axles: Maintain consistent mainframe height for accurate, consistent tillage depth control.
- Optional Patented Angled Rear Chopper Wheel Attachment: Patented angled chopper wheels pull dirt back into shank voids, leveling soil while maintaining the vertically-tilled profile left by the shanks.
- Exclusive Maintenance-Free Bearings: Reduce maintenance time and extend life of bearings. These 360° self-aligning bearings are never sideloaded. A six-lip seal on each side locks in grease and prevents contamination. Additionally, the walking beam pivots utilize Teflon™-coated bushings, eliminating the need for tapered bearings and grease in pivot points.
- Model: TC5113
- Shank Spacing: 15"
- Coulter Spacing: 7.5"
- Transport Tires: 12.5Lx15 F-ply (4)
- Weight (Approx Lbs): 11,240
- PTO H.P. Req (Min): 270+
- Tillage Width: 16' 3"
- Transport Width: 16' 6"
- Center Section: 10'
- 1st Wing Section: 3' 6"
- Working Width
- 16 ft. 3 in.
- 16 ft. 6 in.
- Recommended HP
- 270+ hp
- 11,240 lb.